/> Raising Angels: Just Watching

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Just Watching

Lately I'm finding myself just watching. Watching Max as he sings in the back seat and plays with his animal crackers before he eats them. Watching Aiden read to his siblings. Watching Dawson put together puzzles with more patience and accuracy than most adults. Watching Mackenzie blossoming into quite the young lady.

I'm not sure if it's that I'm getting older, or that I have more time now that I don't have three babies who constantly need me, or that I'm just the tiniest bit wiser. Whatever the case, I'm glad, oh so glad, that I'm doing it.

Watching helps me appreciate the miracle of life I've been blessed to participate in. It helps me slow down and take a breath. It helps me learn. It helps me love.

If you haven't done it lately, I highly recommend it. It doesn't cost anything, it's easy to do and it will warm your heart so much it might...just...melt.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather Raven said...

Yes, I know what you mean. I am currently enjoying watching the back of my eyelids. It's awesome, and you are the absolute best. Why did I take so long for us to get to know one another? I love it!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Me too!

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home