/> Raising Angels: When Will I Learn?

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

When Will I Learn?

Today when I got home from teaching, Dawson was working on a 550 piece puzzle he got for Christmas. He asked me for some help so I threw down the books and sat with him for a few minutes.

Max's therapist arrived and after I got him settled, I told Dawson I had to go do some of my homework. "Aww...Mama, I wanted you to help me a little more." I said yes.

As I sat with my son and we worked on the massive project, I found myself briefly thinking that I needed to stop playing and get to work. And then I had to tell myself that this is my job too. Playing with Dawson is maybe the most important thing I did all day.

I don't know why it's still so challenging for me to remember this. Am I crazy for not getting this? Yes, I am strange...but I am learning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home