/> Raising Angels: A Dual Workout

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Dual Workout

Today we had our annual Little Sisters' skating party. Since my girls are proficient skaters, I took the opportunity to skate with a few of the faltering first graders.

Those poor little girls were falling all over the place. I extended my hand to one of them and she willingly grabbed it. I held her up as we did our best to skate around the rink. When a second little one grabbed my other hand, I began to get a little nervous. I'm no expert on skates and holding up two girls while trying to prevent them from skating into me and each other was no easy task.

It didn't take long before my arms really started to hurt. Interestingly enough, I found myself thinking how this was actually a mixed blessing as I have been having a hard time fitting in exercise lately.

It was in that brief moment that God showed me something about suffering. There is benefit in suffering because it makes us stronger. Our own suffering, as well as aiding those who are suffering, serves to build our spiritual muscles. It's God's own way of giving us a work out.

I left the rink grateful for a simple lesson learned…and a tiny bit exited about my sore arms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home