/> Raising Angels: Paper Prayers

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Paper Prayers

The race is Sunday and I am already out of breath.

I am currently drowning in a sea of research paper rough drafts and I can't keep my head above water. Not only that but I also have a shower for some friends here next weekend. We happily offered to do this for them since the groom-to-be has lived in our apartment the past year. Little did we know that our little invitation would be answered with a guest list including 75 couples!

Funny, when we (actually my husband) offered to give the shower, I didn’t know I would be teaching. When I signed up for the race, I didn't know that either. Consequently, I had no foggy idea that these events would be in the same week....which also just happens to include the grading of a huge stack of 10 page papers.

I shouldn't even be typing this, but I HAD to get away from the papers for a moment. I need a break. I need a maid. I need to hydrate and prepare for the race. I need rest. I need prayers. I need God to multiply my time, my patience, my speed, my sleep.

Ok. Maybe getting this all out will help me feel better and get motivated to grade one more paper before I collapse into bed. Wish me luck...but really, REALLY pray for me!

3 Comments:

Blogger nicole said...

I will definitely pray. I can't wait to hear how the race goes!

9:20 AM  
Blogger Heather Raven said...

You can call on your old friend, Heather to help you. I can clean bathrooms, and I do a mean kitchen clean-up. Or I can help fix food for next weekend. I can also massage sore feet. Whatever. Love and prayers, Me!

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Northwind said...

You know, I read this often and you are aways feeling pressured. Yet, you are making dinner for multiple families, offering to host a shower for 150 people, and constantly taking on new tasks and challenges.

Either you enjoy what you are doing, in which case, you shouldnt feel pressured or you are getting some kind of positive feedback from being the "martyr."

If you are doing too much, cut back a little. Dont try to be wonder women. If you enjoy what you are doing, then quit feeling pressured. No one is forcing you to do all of this. You are CHOOSING to do this and you are the only one who can change your behavior and your attitude.

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home