/> Raising Angels: A Good Decision

Monday, October 19, 2009

A Good Decision

We decided late last week to go to a friend's wedding celebration this weekend. Having just come back from the beach, everything was unpacked, washed and put away. The idea of doing it all over again did not appeal to me.

However, going to the wedding meant spending the weekend with some dear friends of ours who have a 9 month old that we had yet to meet. We really love these friends and they love us...enough to let all of us stay with them over the weekend.

Leaving town was horrendous. Max woke up with a bloody ear and had to go to the doctor. That was followed by a wait at the pharmacy. We also decided to get the boys' hair cut before they saw our friends for the first time in years.

When we finally got out of town, I knew we made the right decision. The weekend was really fun. The kids had a great time. We had a great time. None of us wanted to leave.

When Nelson asked me if I wanted to try to go, I knew this is how it would play out. I love these people and I love spending time with them. I just didn't want to make the sacrifice to make it happen. In fact, I came close to telling him to just go without me. But I didn't and I'm so glad.

So many times in life it’s the tough decisions that reap the greatest benefits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home