/> Raising Angels: I Love You, But...

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I Love You, But...

As in most homes with young children, there are certain words we don't allow to be used. Some are, of course, for those obvious reasons most people don't allow those words to be used. Others, however, are more a matter of personal taste. Around here "butt" is one such word.

This week one of his one of his spelling words is 'but'.

Day 1
Me: Spell but.
Aiden: Laughing so hysterically that he can't get the letters out.

Day 2
Me: Spell but.
Aiden: B-U-T...T then more hysterical laughter.

Day 3
Mackenzie: Aiden spell but.
Aiden: Drops his mouth wide open, points at Mackenzie and accuses her of saying 'butt'. Of course this is followed by that silly grin and more hysterical laughter.

Some things never get old. And, it's only Wednesday.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Kelly said...

I just wrote about this sort of thing in my fledgling blog. At times like these, I find myself laughing because they're laughing so much.

2:42 PM  
Blogger PamL said...

I love the innocence! At our house, stupid is not allowed and whenever the kids would hear someone else say it (adults even) they would look at me and just be horrified! Well, they are older now and sometimes we do say it but I won't forget those innocent days when little words like "stupid" were such a big deal! :)

8:46 PM  
Blogger Heather Raven said...

I can just hear his sweet laughter as I am reading this. So cute!

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Kerry said...

In my family, the word but was fine. I had to ban the words "but, Mama."

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home