/> Raising Angels: Random Sick (Literally) Thought

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Random Sick (Literally) Thought

I hate having sick kids. I do not deal with throwing up well. In fact, that is the main reason I ended up as a teacher rather than a doctor. Something about a doctor who has to share the bucket with you just wouldn't sell well.

Tonight however, I made an interesting observation. There are one or two things about having a sick child that are not all that bad. Sometimes it's kind of nice to have boisterous, pedal-to-the-metal little guys hold still long enough for me to actually hold them. There's something kind of nice about an excuse to not leave the house - or sometimes the couch - for a day or two.

And, as I was gagging alongside my poor Aiden tonight thinking about what a terrible mother I am that I can't even tolerate my own flesh and blood throwing up, I realized that taking care of the sick child was not what I hate so much about having sick kids. Rather, it's the idea lurking in the back of my head as I change his shirt, wash out the sink and grab the ginger ale...one down three to go.

The joys of motherhood….

4 Comments:

Blogger Mom said...

I get you. All my kids were sick in December, missing an entire week of school. Although they didn't throw up, I could tell they were miserable with the fevers, and aching, and not wanting to eat. I don't like them being sick...I think I posted an entry about it all. Then the most fearful part is not knowing whether I would be sick, because if I fall ill, the house falls apart. Well, I did get sick too, argh!
I hope your little one gets over it all qucik, and that no-one else, esp..YOU, comes down with the bug. I think the kids handle being sick better than an adult does.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I have a huge phobia of vomit and everyone always told me it's different with your own kids. Maybe so, but I still don't deal with it well at all!!! Gag. I have three kiddos so I always worry about it passing through the house. Seems like as one gets better another starts in. I hope the rest of you remain healthy!!!

10:17 AM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Thanks so much ladies.

1:49 PM  
Blogger nicole said...

I have spread the stomach bug all over cyberspace! I hope your family recovers quickly with minimal ill people.

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home