/> Raising Angels: Like Father, Like Son

Monday, August 11, 2008

Like Father, Like Son

Yesterday, while we were all out, I had Nelson drop me off so I could just dash into a store and dash out.

When I came out, he and the kids pulled up to get me. I walked around the car and reached for the door handle. Just as I did, Nelson pulled the car forward.

I could see him laughing. I smiled and reached for the handle again. He pulled forward again. Now I felt a little stupid and stood still a minute deciding if I would think it was funny if he did it again.

I reached the third time and finally got in the car. "Ha, ha, very funny," I said with the slightest hint of sarcasm in my voice - you know, the honor thy husband when all the kids are in the car listening kind of response.

"Well the kids thought it was pretty funny," laughed Nelson.

"Yeah," I heard in a genuine whisper from Aiden in the back, "that was TOTALLY funny!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home