/> Raising Angels: At Least He's Paying Attention on Sundays

Thursday, August 07, 2008

At Least He's Paying Attention on Sundays

Today, at Aiden's 5 year check-up, I was trying to point out the positives about the two shots and finger prick he was about to receive.

"When she sticks your finger, it will hurt for a second but then she's going to squeeze it and you'll get to see your blood come out," I offered in my 'this will be so cool' voice. From the look on his face, I could tell he was not impressed.

However, when the nurse came in with the tray, he relayed the very same thought to her.

"Oh," she said, "so you like blood?"

"Yes," he replied in his silly tone. "I like to drink blood."

"What are you, a vampire?" she joked back.

"We don't drink blood," I said so as to try to convince her that we really aren’t vampires or just plain strange.

"Yes we do!" Dawson jumped in excitedly. "You and Daddy drink blood EVERY time at church!"

Yeah, so much for the not-so-strange cover.

3 Comments:

Blogger My name is Dianna said...

love it! how's that for some theology...cut and dry, right to the point! too funny

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sure Uncle/Fr Aaron was SO proud to hear this. If we all could have the honesty of children. Too cute!

4:45 PM  
Blogger SMC said...

This is just so sweet!
oh my goodness...
I do love your stories!

-Shannon

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home