/> Raising Angels: Vacation Moments

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Vacation Moments

There were moments during our vacation last week when I was holding my screaming baby who was viciously fighting sleep of any kind, that I wondered why God was doing this to me. I know that's hardly fair - after all, God has been so good to me. However, I'm human and I asked the question just the same.

Why would this happen on my vacation? Why was my perfect baby being so imperfect in front of everyone? How can I be a good witness of family life and Godly parenting when I feel so frustrated? Why did I choose to do this all over again? Little sleep equals lots of questions.

Then Thursday came and Max figured out his new surroundings and started sleeping again and all was right with the world. It wasn't the best vacation ever, but considering the infant combined with the construction, it had some really wonderful moments.

There were moments when I watched Dawson learn how to swim on his own. Moments when I watched my new 5 year old brave the waves with no lifejacket, do his first flip into the pool and golf with his dad for the first time ever (and boy oh boy was he a proud camper). Moments when I watched Mackenzie take the time to make friends at the beach and take care of her 1 year old cousin better than most of the adults in the place. Moments when Max fell asleep in my arms and I stared at his little face and saw the future.

So vacation was not a perfect picture...but then again, neither is life. We all survived it and even had fun (the big kids actually had a grand time). And you know what? Next year's vacation will be better.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mom said...

So glad you can see the positives through any frustrations.

Welcome home.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Thanks, me too.

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i had no idea yu were so miserable....i am so sorry...

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home