/> Raising Angels: A Love Letter

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Love Letter

My Dearest Maximilian,

Tomorrow you will have been with us for three months. The more I get to know you, the more I fall in love with you. I am so thankful for you for many reasons. I am thankful for your toothless grin and deep dimples that light up your face in the morning when I come in to get you. I am thankful for your peaceful and content spirit. I am thankful that you started sleeping through the night at 10 weeks old. I am thankful for your willingness to go with the flow around here.

I am thankful for all of these things, but tonight as I sat to feed you I was most thankful that every day at least once every three hours, you force me to sit down for a few minutes. Some days those are the only minutes I sit. And tonight as I sat in the rocking chair it felt so good to do just that. Twenty whole minutes to just sit - me and you.

You always fall asleep and I always hold you for a little longer even though I know I should put you in your crib. However, I also know that these days are quickly slipping away. I feel that somehow if I hold you a little longer, maybe I can freeze you in this moment - your plump body, your sweet smell and your peaceful sounds.

Max, you are such a sweet baby and I thank God for you every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home