/> Raising Angels: Congratulations Kevin!

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Congratulations Kevin!


Today my baby brother graduated from the University of Georgia. He spent the last four years FULLY living the college life. He worked in the athletic department with the basketball team, he ran freshman orientations, and he was a member of the LEAD program and the Arch Society. He pledged with Delta Tau Delta, won national sales competitions and organized the masses at the Catholic Student Center. He was on a first name basis with the Dean of his school as well as the Vice President for Academic Affairs. He was honored and awarded many times.

I could not be more proud of you Kevin. You went away to school as an energetic teen and came home a zealous young man. You scored a top position in your dream company and even when lured by some major signing bonuses stuck to your commitment and desires. You chose your friends wisely and stood up to your professors valiantly. You have finished the race, but more importantly, you have kept the faith.

I am just a little sad that you now have to leave all that behind and begin your life in the real world. You'll find that people out here are not as quick to pat you on the back for a job well done, nor are they as optimistic about the world as you are. Out here you will certainly face more temptations than the worst night in the frat house. You will be challenged in your faith even more than before.

However, I am also excited for you and for the world you now enter. I pray that you hang on to your zeal and enthusiasm because I know that if you do, you might actually be able to make some changes. Voted most likely to sell ice to an Eskimo, I hope that what you sell beyond your product is a love for Jesus and the Catholic faith. I hope that you demonstrate a strong work ethic as well as a heart to serve.

Kevin, you made a name for yourself at UGA – now go out and do it in the world. I am so very, very proud of you and I can’t wait to see what you do next.

I love you,
Amy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home