/> Raising Angels: A Little Perspective

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Little Perspective

Today was my last day to run errands without the boys for the next three months. It was just me and Max hopping from store to store to pick up teacher gifts and groceries. Everywhere we went people stopped to admire Max, who would always gleefully smile in response to their coos.

It reminded me of the days when it was just me and Mackenzie. Back then I thought I was so very busy. Somehow I couldn't keep up with the housework or get anywhere on time. I had a baby for goodness sake.

Seven years and three children later I have so much more to do and yet, I don't feel quite as overwhelmed or busy. Perhaps that's because I'm so tired most of the time that I don't know what day it is, but I think it's because I've gained a little perspective.

I no longer assume that I'm the busiest one around. I know there are people who do more than I do...people who have more children...people who manage to keep it together much better.

I realize I don't know as much as I thought I did way back then. However I have gained some knowledge along the way. I know how fast my kids are growing up. I know the baby is not trying to make my life more difficult when he is screaming. I know I don't have all the answers or the cleanest house. And this bit of perspective is why I think that Max is the happiest, most content baby I've ever had.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mom said...

Maturity is wonderful, as in you have experience with running a household with babies now. I am finding it less stressful with my new baby, even though I have 2 others to take care of, than I did when I just had one baby.
Yes, experience plays into a lot.
You can wrap perspective, maturity, and experience all together for this wonderful situation.

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home