/> Raising Angels: House Progress

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

House Progress

People have been asking me to post some pictures of the house progress. In the spirit of Christmas giving, here are the biggest strides we've made lately.

Last year at this time we were in the process of framing and that, my dear friends is what thrilled me and got me into the season of Advent. I was assured we were a mere 6 months away from being finished.

Now, here I am a year later and struggling through this pregnancy. But, God in His wisdom is trying to show me that there is an end in sight. Neither of these "projects" will last forever. Besides, in the grand scheme of things, what's a little time anyway?
Pictured on the left is the tile in the master bath. I love the design and I love the tile. Although, when I looked at this picture, all I could see was how badly it needs to be cleaned.

To the right is the beginning of the kitchen backsplash. I was thrilled to see this going up. It is everything I hoped it would be.
This is the kitchen counter that was delivered Friday. It's always hard to judge the bigger picture from a thumbnail sample but it too is just as I had imagined it. I love the dark brown color and how it ties into the backsplash and makes such a striking contrast with the white cabinets.

And this is the beginning of the flooring process. Pictured here is the living room and dining room. It is the same floor that will be in the kitchen to match the counters and bring out the backsplash.

I'm not counting on being finished any time soon. I'm not listening to move in dates anyone tells me. I'm just giving myself a few moments to relish in the fact that we're still moving forward. I'm enjoying the fact that the progress being made is visible to the eye. I'm excited that after all this time, I'm still loving everything I picked out.

3 Comments:

Blogger nicole said...

It is all so nice! I love the flooring especially. I like the wider planks and dark finish. I'm glad you still like everything you picked out. Thanks for sharing with us!

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! We have the same color scheme picked out for our kitchen! We are breaking ground in a year!

I know what you mean about being relieved that you are still happy with your choices - that is why I am already planning/deciding a year ahead of time. I figure if I sit with it a year, I will know for sure by the time we have to actually do it!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Mom of boys said...

I love the brick backsplash in the kitchen! If I ever redo my kitchen, that is definitely what I would pick (or maybe stone)!

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home