/> Raising Angels: Things I Will Remind Them of When They Get Older

Friday, January 19, 2007

Things I Will Remind Them of When They Get Older

When I went to pick Aiden and Dawson up from school today, Aiden ran to me with a shiny new water gun in hand. He was overly excited and screamed, "Mama! You have to give me a bath! I'm VERY dirty."

"Ah," I said seeing the wheels turning in his mind. "Did you get that in the treasure box?"

"Yes! And, I HAVE to have a bath when we get home!"

We went into the next room to get Dawson. Aiden ran ahead of me, gun in hand, and opened the door shouting, "Dawson! Look what I got from the treasure box! We gotta take a bath when we get home!"

"OOOH!" Dawson admired. "I want water gun."

"No Dawson," Aiden reminded him, "this gun is mine."

There was a lot of stuff to carry out so I placed Dawson's lunch box around his neck. He did not like this at all. "Mama, I don't want this lunch box," he whined. "It's too heavy."

Aiden ran right over to him and handed him the gun. "Here ya go Dawson. You can have my gun."

I was very impressed with Aiden's supreme act of love for his brother. "Aiden, I am so proud of you! That was so nice of you to give that gun to Dawson."

"Mama," Aiden replied nonchalantly, "I love my brother. He's my best friend."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home