/> Raising Angels: A Tiny Miracle

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A Tiny Miracle

The more in tune you are with God, the more you hear His voice, feel His touch and see His hand in everything you do. I think, in fact I know, that God is always with us, but when you're trying to follow Him, He opens your eyes to the miracles He works around you on a daily basis. He's done it for me again and again and again.

In the last few weeks I've noticed that Aiden's winter coat is getting a little small. Not quite Tommy Boy's "fat guy in a little coat" little, but by next year definitely there.

Yesterday I went into a store looking for one hopefully on clearance. There was not one boy's coat in the entire store. I may have thought about this a little too late. I had visions of having to pay full price for one next year the instant it got cold.

Today I went into another store. I said a little prayer, "Please God let me find a coat on sale for Aiden." I didn't get too specific but I did mention it would be nice to find one for about $15. God and I have that kind of relationship. I have learned that I have to ask very specifically about some things, otherwise God answers my prayers the way I pray them instead of the way I mean to say them.

I walked into the store and headed straight for the boys' department. Again, not one coat. I asked a sales person and she said they were all gone. She did kind of point me in the direction of the toddler's section saying something about how they sometimes get misplaced.

I did a quick overview of the section and there were no coats. Then I walked a little closer towards the clearance racks hoping for a miracle. Hanging on the front of the rack was one boy's winter coat complete with hat and gloves. It was just the size he'll need next year. I didn't even look at the tag. I just grabbed it for fear of losing it to another mother in my predicament. When I did find a price checking machine, I scanned the tag and $15 appeared on the screen!

Now I know you're probably thinking that this is no big deal. And, in the grand scheme of things it's really not. It's not a physical healing. It's not a life changing conversion. It's not going to change the world. That's not the point. The point is that in all of God's universe, amidst all the things going on that need His attention, He listened to my tiny, itty bitty, inconsequential prayer and He answered it.

That my friends, is miracle enough for me.

2 Comments:

Blogger My name is Dianna said...

Isn't it awesome that God cares about the little stuff? This often gives me peace. He is so great.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Celeste Creates said...

So cool! I love it. We should all be more brave to ask for even those small things and to take note when it is answered.

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home