/> Raising Angels: Happy Birthday Dawson!

Friday, October 27, 2006

Happy Birthday Dawson!

Wasn't it just yesterday that I was looking into your sweet little face for the first time? Is it really possible that it's been two years already?

You came into this world in a much different way than your sister and brother. You were the first one to have a doctor present for your birth and the first time I got the chance to experience labor with an epidural. For that I will be eternally grateful to you.

Having my third baby in four years and considering that the first two came so fast, I was kind of a legend around the hospital. The staff, who all still remembered blonde Mackenzie and red-headed Aiden, all shouted in surprise when you came out with such dark hair. Daddy had to clear his throat and point to his head to remind everyone that he did have a little to do with your genes as well. I simply thought it was your way of letting us know that you were an individual, different from your two siblings.

I brought you home from the hospital to two ecstatic siblings. I was a nervous wreck. I had no idea how I was going to manage a new four-year-old, 15 month old and newborn. Somehow you must have known because you were a fantastic baby. You were the first one to start sleeping through the night at such an early age. You were content to sit in the bouncy seat while being bounced rather high by baby Aiden. You were mild-mannered and peaceful. You were just what I needed.
And now, look how much you’ve grown. The dark hair has turned light, the dimples have deepened and the smile widened. No longer so mild mannered, you are all boy. You take your licks and keep right on going. You love to play rough, pick up rocks and throw anything that even resembles a ball. Your language skills are amazing and you’ve been counting for months. Of course I would expect no less from my third child genius.

You get so very tickled by Mackenzie and Aiden and always beg them to, “Do again!” You have no fear. You jump off diving boards into deep water. You climb up the biggest slides. You want to go the fastest speed possible. You think you can do whatever Mackenzie and Aiden are doing and, more often than not, you’re right.

I love everything about you Dawson – your overly dramatic responses to correction; your sweet, sweet hugs and kisses that you so willingly dish out; your polite way of always saying, “Tank Choo,” “Welcome”, and “Please agive me Mama. I sorry”; your kind heart and your deep voice.

I love you Dawson simply because you’re you and I just don’t know what I’d do without you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home