/> Raising Angels: What a Happy Fourth!

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

What a Happy Fourth!

Yesterday we celebrated the anniversary of this great country in grand style. It started in the morning with a backyard festival complete with huge waterslides, bungee games (I have whiplash today...seriously!), cotton candy, popcorn and games galore. The kids had a blast and so did we.

We left there to have lunch at my house with Nelson's sister and her family. After that the boys napped while Mackenzie and I headed to the neighbor's pool to cool off. We went back in the evening for a big barbecue followed by entertainment.
Aiden and Mackenzie were part of the show. They sang a song from one of their favorite shows, The Backyardigans. The song was about how to be a pirate, the most important element being that you always have to say Arrr!

In front of an audience of several hundred people they both took the stage without one ounce of fear. There they proceeded to sing every word right on beat. They even managed a few of the motions we had practiced but truth be told, Aiden was much more interested in holding on to the microphone. I was afraid he might actually inhale it he held it so close! Needless to say, I was very, very proud.
We left the show to watch the fireworks from the top of one of the hospital's parking decks. By that time the kids were wiped out, but they managed to keep their eyes open.

I feel so blessed to live in a country that was founded on Christian principals and built by the sacrifices of so many great people before us. I am blessed to share this holiday with people who still believe in those principals. It was great to share it all with my family.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Hi, Amy! I thought about you as I sat for a half hour at a gas station off I-20 (Exit 195) in Augusta. My sister and I rallied there. We made it all the way to Atlanta, where we spent the night.

So, your prayers for a safe journey were efficacious. Thanks. Hope your groom's cake is beautiful and yummy and the wedding is perfect!

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home