/> Raising Angels: Wedding Countdown

Monday, July 03, 2006

Wedding Countdown

And so it begins. The final countdown until my little brother gets married. Of course there have been lots of preparations up until this point, but this, the week of the wedding, is JAMPACKED!

It began Saturday night when my parents and brother asked Nelson to give them some dance lessons. I wasn't kidding when I said that Nelson is an excellent dancer. This is not the first couple we've instructed before marriage. He did Social Dance all through high school. He got my brother, Kevin, involved as well. It's funny that my two other brothers gave Kevin heck about taking dance lessons and now here's Brian in my kitchen, in a pink shirt no less, asking for the same.

I am baking the first layer of Brian's groom's cake as I sit here. I've done groom's cakes before but never one like this. Never for a family member. And, never while I had three sets of little hands dying to touch it. Pray for me...and the cake.

I'm also putting together gift bags and delivering them to the hotels for the out of town guests. Thursday we're all going to get manicures and pedicures (hey, we all need some time to just relax!) Thursday night we have the Bachelor and Bachelorette parties. Friday there's golf, the rehearsal and dinner and the cake. Saturday it's time for hair, make-up, pictures, and, of course, the wedding.

It brings back so many good memories for me. I loved my wedding. I really did. Everything about it was just perfect. But, Nelson and I both knew that it wasn't the wedding that mattered. It was the marriage.

I pray that Brian and Heather have the same focus. After all, the wedding is just one day, albeit important and life changing, but the marriage - that is forever!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home