/> Raising Angels: Minus One Tooth!

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Minus One Tooth!

This is the last official picture of my baby girl with all of her baby teeth.
She's been wiggling the loose one for weeks now and tonight it looked like it was finally time to give it the old heave ho. Nelson tied a string around it and Mackenzie bravely sat through two attempts before it finally gave way on the third try.
The gaping hole will be a perfect addition to her flower girl attire next Saturday.

I have to admit that I actually shed a tear when I saw it come out. How is it possible that she's old enough to lose anything baby about her? This can only mean that her adult tooth is right behind. These are the moments when I wish I could just push pause for awhile and keep things just the way they are. For all the hard times and the times I say that someday they will be older, when it comes right down to it I guess I'm not as ready for any of them to grow up as I think I am.

Ready or not...here it comes.

3 Comments:

Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

The toothless-first-grader smiles are only a little less charming than the smiles of the toddler with only 2 or 4 teeth.

(One thing I don't get is that you guys took her tooth out for her. I never did this for my kids and neither did my parents, but it seems that among first-graders now, it's the way to go--my neighbors do this too! So, what's up with that?)

8:02 AM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

After watching how difficult it was for her to eat her dinner last night and seeing how painful it was when she used that tooth to chew, I took a look at it. It was going to come out on its own and I was afraid she may choke on it.

This morning in the car she said she couldn't believe that even after daddy tried three times it just didn't hurt at all.

She's ready for the rest of them to come out now after a visit from the Tooth Fairy!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Hi Amy! I really enjoy visiting your blog. These pictures are priceless! What a beautiful smile.

One more thing: we're planning on having our associate pastor over for dinner soon. He's young, and a good friend of my brother, but with three small children (ages 4 and under), we've been a little nervous (to say the least!) about having him over. Your dinners with Jorge have really inspired me...thanks!

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home