/> Raising Angels: A Fleeting Moment

Thursday, March 30, 2006

A Fleeting Moment

It is a beautiful morning here. The sun is shining. The air is crisp.

While waiting for her carpool, Mackenzie and I worked on memorizing her monthly scripture which is due tomorrow. The verses are from Isaiah 55:6-12. She finally got it this morning and was estatic.

She stood outside on the steps, sun warming the proud glow in her cheeks and emphasizing the blue of her eyes. Her hair was just so in a bun. The white Peter Pan color peeping out of the navy blue cardigan. Her grin streched from one ear to another. Gorgeous! My beautiful baby girl.

"Stay right there," I told her. "You look so pretty I want to take your picture."

As I went inside to get the camera, her ride pulled up and she said goodbye and skipped down the steps into the car.

And then the moment was gone. Too fast to capture on film. Too fleeting to record.

I have a feeling that my life with these precious souls will be like this all too often. Time is something you just can't hold onto no matter how hard you try. Hopefully, every moment like this will feel like today. Perfect while I'm in it. Etched in my mind when not on film.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vallypee said...

You need to have a camera somewhere on your person at every hour of the day, Amy. There are so many of these moments that you miss because it's not there when you want it!

Mind you, everything your kids do makes you want to record it for posterity because of course your own children are more interesting, more beautiful, more intelligent and entertaining than any child that's ever existed! That's normal!
Have a good week end
Val

6:13 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

I agree with you about your own kids being the best ones ever.

My love for photos stems from my four years on the high school yearbook staff. Two years as editor and after I graduated, I was the staff's supervisor for seven years.

The only downfall to that is now that I have kids, I have thousands of photos and none of their shots have made it into albums. It eats away at me and it is a project that I'm yearning to take hold of. Maybe after the house is built, I can finally do it!

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home