/> Raising Angels: Tan Choo

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Tan Choo

It was one of those days today.

Aiden, after a week of making major strides in his potty training, blew it twice today, spreading the mess all over the house.

Mackenzie filled the toilet with too much paper so when she flushed it, it overflowed.

As I was rocking Dawson to soothe him upon waking from his nap, his diaper overflowed and he peed on my leg.

Frustrated from a bad "potty day", I had a talk with Dawson as I changed him.

"Dawson, don't you know you're not supposed to potty on mama's leg? Couldn't you wait until I had a chance to change you before you filled it up again?" I laughed at myself for even suggesting this to my 17 month old, but I continued. "You had better tell mama 'thank you' for loving you enough to change you...and me."

"Tan choo," he said, looking at me with an understanding grin.

Wow! Two words put together for the first time. Two of my favorite words for my children to learn. Suddenly the day took a turn for the better and I rejoiced with him over his new word as he happily repeated it for his sister and brother.

You're welcome Dawson.

4 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Sounds like you had one of those days where you just have to laugh.

12:11 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I never got back to you about potty training and boys...YES, my 6 and 8 year olds continue to give me grief. It just simply doesn't bother them, being wet, as it does girls, I guess.

Another reason why men hunt, fish, camp, join the army, etc. Not that women don't, but women are much more likely to demand hot, running water and a flushable toilet.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Vallypee said...

Sounds like the House at Pooh corner!! It's been a long time since I had to deal with potty training, but the only thing to hold on to then is your sense of humour!
Take care
Val

11:37 AM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Thanks for the encouragement guys. Having the blog to record moments like these is great for putting things into perspective.

Paul - Yes I laughed, but not before I cried.

Michelle - You're supposed to tell me it gets easier:)

Val - Thank God for humor and cute little faces that stare you down until you give in to laughter.

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home