/> Raising Angels: Poor Baby

Monday, March 27, 2006

Poor Baby

There's nothing quite as pitiful as a sick baby. They feel awful and can't tell you where it hurts or why. They can't tell you what they need or when they're going to throw-up.

That's been my baby, Dawson, for the past two days. My normally active tot who doesn't even let me rock him to sleep has let me hold him for hours on end. He feels so bad that he can hardly cry. It's so sad to look into those baby blues and not see that sparkle.

Today I realized that having a sick child is not all bad. Most of it is bad. But not all of it. After all, I think the last time I held him for this long over two days was in the hospital after he was born. It forces me to slow down for a moment and just be there for my child. Today I watched a whole episode of Sesame Street with the boys and enjoyed it.

I pray that Dawson is back to running speed tomorrow. But for today, I was glad for the chance to hold my baby a little longer.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I hope he's better soon.

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home