/> Raising Angels: Waiting for Inspiration

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Waiting for Inspiration

I am procrastinating. I am weird about this. In general I am a fairly organized list maker and task accomplisher. There are a few things however, when it comes to doing, in which I am a procrastinator extraordinaire. Ironing...need I say more?

In this case I am avoiding writing a talk Nelson and I are supposed to be giving tomorrow night at and Engaged Encounter weekend at our church. Why can't I make myself do this?

Here are a few reasons: 1) Nelson and I are supposed to give the talk together. How do you do that? Nelson's solution went something like, "Hey, have you written our talk yet?" 2) The topic is 'problem solving'. Can you get any more generic? 3) We are not to talk about finances, sex or anything else covered in the other talks. Are there problems about anything else in a marriage?

I am a teacher and I love it. I am a well-seasoned public speaker and enjoy that as well. I am a practiced writer and love putting my thoughts on paper. So what's up?

I've been mulling this over for a few weeks now but honestly, I am totally uninspired as to how to fill up and hour and keep the attention of a bunch of young folks on a Friday night who are dying to be anywhere but where we will be.

I'm sure it will come to me. It always does. I just wish in this case it would come a little quicker. I don't do last minute very well.

3 Comments:

Blogger Life in the Fifties said...

Sounds like you just described your topic - how to solve problems when your approach is so different. The world view of men vs women, boys vs girls. There should be lots of humorous examples starting in junior high. For example, once you figure out that something is just how guys are in general, you don't take it personally. Embrace the differences to come up with great solutions.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Thanks so much for the encouragement. It came to me about 2 AM this morning. Nothing like the last minute!

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just remember - Men are from Mars; Women are from Venus. I'm sure you both will do great.

Love you, Damma

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home