/> Raising Angels: Don't Think This One's Going to Save You

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Don't Think This One's Going to Save You

Max was trying to convince me to give him a snack this morning. This is his regular rhythm lately: eat breakfast...2 or 3 times, and then ask for a snack.

He asked, "Mama, can I have a nack when we get home?"

"You can finish that banana muffin from breakfast," I told him remembering I had left it on the table in the mad dash to school.

"No...I don't want the nana muffin. I want a nack," he responded rather matter-of-factly.

"Well, finish the muffin and I'll get you a snack."

There was a brief pause after which I heard him pray, "Dear Jesus, help me not to have to eat my nana muffin today. Amen. Father, Son, Holy Pirit. Amen."

4 Comments:

Blogger Pensguys said...

LOVE it!!! Definitely a great example you've shown him. :)

8:50 AM  
Blogger nicole said...

My 5 yo son wants to eat all the time. It is wearing me out. And he has not tried cute prayers to win me over. ;)

8:57 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Oh my goodness! How could you not let his prayer come true? That's so sweet!

1:54 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

:)

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home