/> Raising Angels: His Grace is Enough

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

His Grace is Enough

I was making my way through the maze of the Medical College of Georgia's Children's Medical Center with Maximilian today when the big deal of his situation hit me again. I think it has something to do with seeing a pediatric neurologist who knows us by name. There's just something about walking into that office with its big name tag on the door that makes me feel, well, heavy.

Granted, there is really no labeled disability on Max's chart. They use terms like "developmental delays", "low tone", and "muscle weakness". Neither his doctors, nor his therapist can explain why he is the way he is. It seems he's a bit of an anomaly.

The funny thing is that I don't really think about it that much. Max is who he is. I love him and his struggles aren’t huge challenges, they are Max.

On the drive home I felt amazed that in the midst of this huge issue, I've looked past the inconveniences, challenges and trials. I've looked past them not because they're unimportant but because I can't change them. This is life with Max right now and yes, it's difficult, but it's Max and I love him so I don't count the cost. I can't explain it other than grace...God's grace.

There are certainly harder things to go through, more difficult challenges to confront but I believe that no matter what comes my way; God’s grace will be there for me.

Please be sure to remind me of this when I’m walking through them!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy Parris said...

Does the above commenter speak English? I can't understand you and would love to know what you're saying.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home