/> Raising Angels: Oh yeah, it's still Advent.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Oh yeah, it's still Advent.

This is the time of year I'm always kicking myself for waiting until the last minute to do all the things that need to be done.

I do have really good excuses this year. Going back to work and having to grade a multitude of 8 page term papers put a little crunch on my available hours to prepare.

Consequently, I'm left with a rather hefty list of things to do this week. I hate it. I always have visions of sitting in front of the tree with cocoa in hand, just watching the lights twinkle. That doesn't usually happen much until after Christmas day.

Today though, something occurred to me - it's not Christmas yet. This is the season of Advent. It's a time of preparation for the celebration of the birth of Christ. This, by the way, is exactly what I’m doing.

When the Christmas season arrives, it will be a time to take things easy and relax for a bit. It will be a time to soak in the glory of our Savior's birth. There WILL be time to sit simply to watch the lights glow and ponder the blessings I've been given. It will be peaceful and joyful and nice.

But for now, I've got to get back to work. There are many preparations for such a big birthday party. I will work until the work is done because this is the season to do just that.

Three more days of hard work and then...then there will be time to sit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home