/> Raising Angels: Simply the Best!

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Simply the Best!

Here at the House of Parris we are having a really good summer. It's not that summers of the past have been terrible, it's just that this one has been most excellent.

At the end of the school year I had one goal for the summer - to take it slower. I wanted to stop saying, "Hurry up," to the kids and rushing around everywhere I go.

For the most part, I have been successful, which in turn has led to one of our best summers ever. Instead of rushing to get to the pool every day, we take our time and get there when it's convenient. We go to the library when we have time to spare and we sit on the floor and go through stacks of books. When we get home, we read the stories. We go to the free movies when we feel like it.

I've realized through this process that over half of my stress is self-induced. I'm always in a hurry. Now that it's summer time, I'm wondering what all the hurry was about. Of course, not having school in the mix helps things out. Bed times are more relaxed. The mornings are less rushed.

In some respects the summer has been nothing special. We're just playing, swimming, hanging out, and spending time together. On the other hand, it's been the best summer ever!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home