/> Raising Angels: Early Lesson

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Early Lesson

I am not a morning person. Those who have lived with me over the years know this is the understatement of the year. My own husband often has to coax a “Hello” out of me in the early morning hours. Now that I am back in training for the big race, I am once again forced to greet those early morning hours several times a week.

This morning as the alarm went off, I think an audible, involuntary groan found its way out before my hand found the snooze. I rolled over debating the benefits versus the costs.

This morning the voice of a woman in training won out and I was up after only one snooze. The run went well and I came home sweaty and happy. The rest of the day I felt good and the guilty conscience that now comes from missing a training run was silenced.

Thirty minutes of running replaced a full day of regret. There’s a lesson there that’s bigger than training. I’ll let you interpret.

1 Comments:

Blogger nicole said...

Speaking to the direct lesson, I've never regretted making time for exercise, but I have often regretted opting out of exercise. And my mood often reflects that.

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home