/> Raising Angels: Hoping He Doesn't Have the Gift of Prophesy

Monday, June 29, 2009

Hoping He Doesn't Have the Gift of Prophesy

The other night as I was putting Max in his pajamas, Aiden sat in the rocking chair and asked me how he would know if he was supposed to be a priest. I told him that he should pray and ask God. He immediately bowed his head, squished his eyes closed and folded his hands. I was impressed with his earnestness.

When he raised his head, he let me know that God wanted him to be a cardinal. Well, I thought, at least the boy’s shooting for the stars. I was excited for him but I encouraged him to spend the next 12 to 20 years praying about this some more.

Sunday on the way to church, he let us all know that he had been praying and talking to God some more about this whole vocation thing. “Really,” I asked him curiously, “did you hear him say anything?”

“I did,” he answered excitedly. “He told me that you were going to have a baby in your tummy and it’s going to be twins!”

2 Comments:

Anonymous Michelle said...

Would this be the same child that was giving a "blessing" to his brother at Pablo's reception? Did you take a pregnancy test? ;0)

8:23 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Actually it was Dawson blessing Aiden and I'm not expecting, but now...I am very nervous!

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home