/> Raising Angels: Happy Birthday Aiden!

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Aiden!

Last night as I was tucking you in I said goodnight to my 5 year old for the last time. When that thought hit me I swooped in and smothered you with kisses (much to your chagrin!).

Today you stand before me as a new 6 year old. Something about that number sounds so big. Of course you have grown over an inch and a half this year so that probably has something to do with it. In fact it's been a year of growth of all kinds.

You went off to school for the first time and loved every minute of it. You learned to read, which I always consider to be nothing short of a miraculous accomplishment. It was so fun to watch the whole process. You played on a soccer team for the very first time and even though you didn't win a single game, you managed to come away with a love of the sport and a willingness to do it again next year. You learned to do a flip on the trampoline and also into the pool, neither which I'm crazy about watching but I do anyway because I'm so amazed that you're doing it.

Your inquisitiveness is never ending but it doesn't bother me because you are so intent on learning from your questions. You have a genuine concern for others and a true desire to do what God wants you to do.

I love you so much buddy. I am so grateful that God put you in this family right where He did, with your orange hair, freckles and dimples. I look forward to watching you grow some more.

Happy Birthday Aiden. I love you more than you love me :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home