/> Raising Angels: Totally Bummed

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Totally Bummed

Tonight I am bemoaning the fact that two weeks ago I lost my digital camera. I took it to a high school football game, left it in the bleachers and now it is gone. It makes me upset because it's no one’s fault but mine. I had it and then in the hustle and bustle of trying to get the kids and their drinks and coats out of the stadium and up the giant bleachers, I forgot it.

What makes me even sadder is that no one has turned it in. It has our name and address on it. We made announcements about it at the following week's game and still no camera. It wasn't there when the people cleaned out the bleachers which means that someone saw it and took it.

If it was cash, I could understand but this is an expensive item that is labeled with my name. The pictures on it include some of my brother who teaches and coaches at the school so it would be easy to find us if someone were trying...but they're not.

I've prayed and prayed and prayed. The more I think about it the more upset I get. If it were me, I would go out of my way to try to return it. It's almost the Christmas season for crying out loud. Where's that spirit of kindness? SIGH.

That being said, looks like I'll be getting a camera for Christmas. Any recommendations?

2 Comments:

Blogger Shauna said...

Amy - So sorry about your camera. I have a Sony cybershot DSC-T200. It is 8.1 megapixels and very thin. I can carry it in my pocket without too much bulk, and it takes great pictures and video.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Mom said...

Amy, this is so infuriating, but unfortunately, this is the way things are now. People steal, and get away with it, and there is not much we can do about it, since it's hard to catch the thief. We have had some things stolen from us, in our home, while we were home. We know who did it too, but we can't prove it. I swear I almost vomit when I think something has been stolen.
You could try maybe surfing ebay for it, and see if someone is trying to sell it.
We have a Kodak Easy Share MD853 8.2 MEGA PIXELS, it is thin and fits in my pocket and takes great video and pictures as well.

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home