/> Raising Angels: A Fun Saturday

Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Fun Saturday

Brian and I ran our last race before the big Half Marathon (which is a week from today!) on Saturday. Even though I was at the back of the pack, I was happy to finish a full 7 minutes faster than my last one.
The kids did the fun run and were very proud of their medals.
For participating in the race I got a free ticket to the Boshear's Air Show. I decided to brave it alone with the four kids since Nelson is out of town. The sky divers that they're watching here were very cool.
Although Max started in the stroller, when the weather cooled dramatically and he got fussy, this is how he spent the remaining 2 hours of our time (and no, he wasn't sleeping all of that time).
The kids had so much fun riding the rides, watching the planes and climbing in various aircraft like this helicopter, we closed the place down.

It was a fun way to spend the day, but waking at 6, running a 10K, getting the kids to their race and spending 4 hours at the air show, I was VERY tired. It did, however keep the house clean all day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Great job...when do you run during the day to train? I need some motivation!

9:33 AM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

The best thing I did was join a training group. Totally intimidating for me a nonrunner to join acutal runners but it's been so encouraging.

We run together one evening a week and do the long runs before dawn on Saturdays. The other runs are on our own.

I couldn't have done it without my husband's willingness to be here for me during those two runs a week.

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home