/> Raising Angels: A Parent's Prayer...Edited

Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Parent's Prayer...Edited

This evening Max was experiencing some tummy trouble. As I was changing his diaper tonight, I wiggled his legs a little to try to let the gas out. I suddenly realized that my diaper supply has dwindled to just a few and Max was currently filling his up.

"Okay Max," I cooed, "are you quite finished now?" I began to put a new diaper on and said, "Why don't you try to keep it in for the rest of the night so we don't run out of diapers." Of course this immediately brought to mind that the reason he had been so fussy this evening was that he HAD been keeping it all in.

I changed my tune quickly. "Oh Max, you can let it all out. You just do whatever you need to do to make yourself feel good."

Again the brain fired off. "Um, I hope you realize that the previous statement will only be good for the first few months of your life. At that point we'll talk again."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home