/> Raising Angels: Prayers of a Different Kind

Monday, April 07, 2008

Prayers of a Different Kind

Sunday, at mass, Max was awake almost the entire time. I marveled at his cute little face and calm demeanor. He is such a gift.

We came back from communion and I was holding my now sleeping baby and feeling quite in tune with God. Bursting into this peaceful scene was my ever questioning Aiden.

"Aiden, I'll answer that after mass. I'm trying to pray. Please be quiet."

Amazingly enough, he was quiet. I closed my eyes and promptly burped. Not a loud disgusting one, but a quiet, had my mouth closed and no one but Aiden, who was next to me, heard.

Immediately the questions began again. "Why did you burp to pray? Is that how you talk to God Mama? Does He like that?"

Harder than answering those questions, was stifling my laughter.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

this is just the sweetest story, Amy!!

10:40 PM  
Blogger Mom said...

LOL

AMY!!!

Did someone pat you on the back?

This is cute.

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is what happens every time we are in Mass with our three year old and two year old! Ahhh, boys. BTW...we are from North Augusta...I love reading your blog. Congrats on the new baby and the house!!

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home