/> Raising Angels: A Baptismal Prayer

Sunday, March 30, 2008

A Baptismal Prayer

Dearest Newest Catholic Max,

This morning, before the sun rose, you woke me up to eat. It's not unusual for me to spend a moment or two (the ones I'm awake) in thanksgiving for the gift you are to me. Today however, only hours before your Baptism, a different prayer was on my heart.

Today, as I held you in my arms and thought about what this day held for you, I prayed for you like I have never prayed before. I prayed for you to have the gift to hear God's voice clearly. I prayed for you to always have the courage to follow whatever He says to you.

I want you to know this because these prayers did not come from me...especially in the wee hours...but from the Holy Spirit. I want to assure you that your Daddy and I take this sacrament very seriously and that we will do our very best to live up to the promises we made today. I also want you to know that I will continue to pray these prayers for you throughout your life.

I can't wait to see where God takes you. I love you, Mama

5 Comments:

Blogger My name is Dianna said...

I pray that it was a beautiful and memorable time.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

this is so beautiful, Amy. What a great blessing.
Prayers!

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I'm a little prejudiced, but Max is so blessed to have you and Nelson as his parents. In fact, all four of your children are blessed in that respect. You are beautiful examples for them, as you always are leading them down the path to Jesus. Now that I think about it, we are all blessed to have you in our lives, Amy. We love you, Damma

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful Amy! Welcome Max to this great universal Catholic Family!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Wow! Thanks ladies.

Damma, your comments almost made me cry.

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home