/> Raising Angels: Heart-Shaped Cookies and a Little Love

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Heart-Shaped Cookies and a Little Love

Last night I looked on the calendar to see what was in store for the remainder of the week. I saw a star on Wednesday and looked a little closer. Oops! I almost forgot. I'm in charge of bringing snacks for the 10 girls in Mackenzie's Little Sisters Group (our school's alternative to Girl Scouts).

The wheels started turning. Back in August when we went to the orientation meeting, the leader said that the girls love it when their mom is in charge of snacks. "It makes them so proud," she said "so be sure to bring something special."

I spent some time online looking for a wonderful, fantastic treat for the girls. They are going to an air trampoline place called Jumping Beans so I thought I could find a snack that had to do with jumping or even jelly beans. Funny enough, it seems that not many people have trampoline themed parties and the only jelly bean snacks were Easter themed. I went to bed disappointed.

Today I thought some more about it but nothing came to me. I resorted to looking through the cabinets and refrigerator to see what I could pull together for tomorrow.

When Mackenzie came home from school, I told her that I was bringing the snacks for tomorrow. Her eyes lit up, "What are you going to bring Mama?"

Afraid of the response but having nothing else to offer I said, "How about some heart-shaped sugar cookies and apples with caramel dip?"

There was a slight pause and then, "Oooh Mama," she said with delight. "You're just going to spoil us rotten!"

Seems all it takes to make an impression is a little love.

2 Comments:

Blogger My name is Dianna said...

Lord, Please let our little girls always delight in our creativity and simplicity! Amy, your snack will (as Emma would say) "rock our socks"! Have a good day! See you around 2:45.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Amen Sister!

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home