/> Raising Angels: Happy Birthday (Almost) Mackenzie!

Monday, August 28, 2006

Happy Birthday (Almost) Mackenzie!

It's hard to believe that my baby girl is turning six tomorrow.

I am so proud of the little lady you’ve become. This year has included many changes and accomplishments. You started Kindergarten and loved every minute of it. In fact, you were always a little disappointed when the weekends rolled around. Watching you learn to read has been nothing short of miraculous. I never doubted you could do it – of course I think you are exceptionally intelligent. It was just so amazing when you would come home and read me books. Gone are the days when your Daddy and I could spell things out to keep things hidden from you. You learned addition and subtraction. You learned Spanish and music. You loved P.E. You adored Mrs. Phillips and were friends with everyone in your class.

Of course there were a few drawbacks as well. I’ll never forget the night I put out the Dora placemat for dinner and you told me, “MOM…I DON’T like Dora, she’s for babies.” I was devastated. Suddenly there were people in your life other than your Daddy and me who had a strong influence over your opinions.

You are 110% girl. You love nail polish, make-up and perfume. What makes a dress great for you is how far out it goes when you spin around. You can do your own hair and you love picking out your own clothes, even though most of the time you choose the khaki shorts and blue princess t-shirt. You are our princess.

I love watching you with your brothers. Even though at times they drive you crazy (don’t worry, they drive all of us crazy sometimes), you show a genuine love for them. You are so kind to them and you are a very big help. Just this week you got up from breakfast and got yourself and the boys dressed all on your own.

You are every bit the performer. You never shy away from the spotlight. On the 4th of July you and Aiden sang a song in a talent show in front of several hundred people. It didn’t phase you in the least. In fact, you have your act planned out for the next three years (that is if you still think the Backyardigans are cool by then). You are a perfectly graceful ballerina, an exceptionally flexible gymnast, a strong swimmer and a talented artist.

You are the answer to my prayers. You are responsible for making me a Mama. You are a wonderful gift from God. I’m so happy you’re mine.

Happy Birthday Mackenzie girl! I LOVE YOU!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home