/> Raising Angels: Laughter is the Best...Workout

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Laughter is the Best...Workout

This morning I invited Dawson and Max to join me for my workout. It was Kenpo day on the P90X plan and it involves a lot of punching and kicking which I thought they'd enjoy.

Their eyes lit up when I asked and they quickly lined up in front of the TV. This day's routine starts out with some serious stretching which made them quickly doubt their choice.

That is until they heard the following instruction, "Try to keep both butt cheeks on the floor."

You can imagine the giggling that ensued. "I though you said there was no such thing as butt cheeks," laughed Max, who had been reprimanded for saying that on more than one occasion.

"When you're exercising it's only okay if the instructor says it," I tried desperately to reason.

At that very moment, the instructor said the dreaded words again. Cue more laughing and giggles.

"Okay guys be quiet so we can hear what he's saying," I pleaded trying to get back into the routine. Unfortunately, they stopped laughing long enough to hear butt cheeks one last time.

By this time we were all laughing and nobody's butt cheeks were touching the floor. Our abs however, we're getting a really good work out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Optimistic Existentialist said...

LOL this actually made me laugh out loud literally - laughter is the best medicine (and workout)

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home