/> Raising Angels: On the Retirement of Pope Benedict XVI

Thursday, February 28, 2013

On the Retirement of Pope Benedict XVI

Today, as our now Pope Emeritus retired, I was remembering this moment.
Do you see us there on the front row, far left?
 
It was one of the best moments of our trip, and one of the most exciting of my life. I had seen Pope John Paul II on several occasions but never quite this close. 

Look at us! If he would have just turned around, I could have touched his hand. As it was, I could have jumped over the barricade and given him a big hug, but I decided those guys in the black suits would probably put a quick stop to that.
 
Your Holiness, thank you for your, "Yes" to Jesus. Thank you for the wisdom you brought and the care you gave. Thank you for your sacrifice. I pray God blesses this new phase of your life with good health, peace, joy and some much deserved rest.


1 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Those are incredible pictures!! What a blessing to be so close!

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home