/> Raising Angels: At the End of the Day

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

At the End of the Day

Lately, at the end of each day I sit and ask myself, "What did I do today?" I am exhausted, things are a bit disheveled here and there and I haven't sat down at all. What did I do? Where did the time go? I sit there a bit disappointed in myself.

And then the rational part of my brain kicks in if only for a moment to whisper in my ear, "Remember, you have a four month old who eats every three hours or so. When he doesn't need you, the 3, 4 and 7 year old do. It takes time to take care of kids. It won't always be this way. They will be gone before you know it."

Every once in awhile, I have to give myself a break.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, yes, I know this feeling. Its hard to tell myself its ok to not get anything done during the day and still feel like a train wreck. LOL

My thought is after the kids are in bed tonight, take a long bath. That way you will be nice and cozy and smell nice for the babe during those late night feedings. :)

Blessings!

6:17 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Good idea, but it will have to wait until my husband fixes the leak in the tub. Don't feel too bad for me though...you should see my shower!

12:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try this ... pretend you are not yourself and then come read your blog. Then you will realize you are really really really busy.

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home