/> Raising Angels: Happy Birthday Aiden!

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Happy Birthday Aiden!

Wasn't it just yesterday that you came bursting into this world? You've been in a hurry since conception I think. In utero you kicked so hard that it really hurt. You came to us early and fast, before the doctor or any pain medication I might add. And since you've started walking, which, by the way, is the only thing you took your time with; you've run everywhere you go.

The last three years seem to have gone by in the blink of an eye. And although at times you cause me to actually calculate how many days it is until you go off to college, last night I held you tight and told you that you were not allowed to go to sleep. I hoped that maybe, just maybe, if you didn't go to sleep, then it wouldn't be your birthday and you could stay my first baby boy forever.

Sure there are a few things that I won't miss about your younger years, but more often than not I think about all the things I will: the pitter patter of your little feet running down the hall at 6 a.m. (okay, not the hour, just the sound of those running feet), your infectious and hearty laugh, the squeals of delight while running at me full speed for a tackle-type hug after I've been away, the sly little way you try to avoid trouble by saying, "I not do ANYTHING!", the fact that when you get hurt I'm the one you need and my kisses can still fix almost anything (as long as they accompany a character band-aid), the sweet impromptu, "I love YOU" followed by the contest, "Uh-uh I love you more!", the fact that there are actually times when you tell me I am a princess when I'm all dressed up, knowing you're a tough kid who can NOT go to sleep without Ernie whose poor thumb has been mangled by your constant pulling on it, watching you have tackle time and play corndog with Daddy, observing you investigating life by looking at bugs, trying new things and conquering new skills.

Aiden, the list could go on and on and on. I just love you - everything about you. Some of things have challenged me beyond my wildest dreams, but those are the things that have forced me to grow and compelled me to be a better person.

One thing I want you to know is that you are the answer to many people’s prayer for me. Daddy and I wanted you for a very long time. So long that I began to doubt that you would ever come. The moment I was able to put aside my pride and ask people to pray that you would come along, you did. Really it was that simple. People prayed and you were there.

I hope as you grow older you will take two things from this tidbit. Know that God hears our prayers and He can do ANYTHING. Know that your Daddy and I wanted you very much. We will always know that you are our special gift from God. I hope you will know that too.

Happy Birthday Aiden. All this in just three years! I can’t wait to see what God has in store for you. I love you!

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

A very sweet tribute to your sweet boy.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home