/> Raising Angels: Ah, Vacation

Monday, July 24, 2006

Ah, Vacation

Well I’m happy to report that we made it to Edisto in one piece…all 25 of us. We got here before our check in time so we stopped off for a visit with another of Nelson’s cousins and aunt. Their home is right on the beach.

Wow! What I wouldn’t give to have the beach at the bottom of my back porch. The kids thought they were in heaven with all that sand. They dug around and then went to “dip” their feet in the ocean. One good wave and both the boys were knocked off their feet.

The dip turned into a swim for everyone. Aiden was in his underwear before long but neither of us cared because we were having so much fun. My usually tentative boy who doesn’t like to get his face wet was being tossed around by the waves and LOVING IT.

It was the perfect beach afternoon. The sun, the sand, the ocean, the pool, the birds. Ah, vacation.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We just got back from Edisto-my husband's entire extended family, my mom, sister/husband and 4 boys all went. It was great! Where were you staying? Sounds like you need a house like we had- slept 21! All together our family had 4 houses and about 49 people, including lots of little kids! It was fun. Hope it doesn't rain too much on you! And it would be really nice to have the beach at the bottom of the back steps- my husband's parents own one of those!

6:14 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Yeah, I thought about owning a beach house too while on vacation. Maybe some day...

7:00 AM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Pam, I embarrassed to say that I don't even know the name of the street our house was on. We drove around in golf carts all week so I looked at land marks more than signs. We were right around the corner from a little restaurant/bar that had pool tables, a bowling arcade game and live music.

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home