/> Raising Angels: Just What I Needed

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Just What I Needed

We have been dealing with some tough parenting issues lately. Interestingly, each child has separate issues. One has developed a definite opinion about everything, another is lashing out, someone is having difficulty telling the truth, and the other is getting a little brazen. In short, I've been reminded in no small terms that parenting is really hard work.

Yesterday, as I was getting the kids ready for school and Max ready for his three-year check up, Dawson came in the bathroom covered in a rash and itching like crazy. Suddenly, I was taking two kids to the doctor instead of one. In a weird series of events, both boys ended up needing shots (after I assured Dawson he would not be getting one).

After the dreaded shots during which the boys showed amazing bravery, the nurse turned to me and said, "You don't know how refreshing it is to see such good kids in this office. You really wouldn't believe the kind of behavior we see in here."

It always amazes me that when you need encouragement the most, God sends it in the most unusual way. When you feel like all your hard work is doing no good, God finds a way to say, "Keep it up!"

Yesterday, I got just what I needed to dig in and hold the line.

3 Comments:

Blogger nicole said...

This is so true. We definitely get encouragement when we need it most. Thank goodness!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

That is so great! It is good to hear a kind word just when you need it.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Kelly@http:/inthesheepfold.blogspot.com said...

Very encouraging!

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home