/> Raising Angels: The Merry Month of May

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

The Merry Month of May

I forgot. I forgot how busy May is...or rather; I blocked it from my memory so I wouldn't go into hiding when I turned the calendar over on Saturday. This week alone there is something every...single...night.

It's times like these that force me to analyze the reasons for all the activity, make decisions about what to say yes to, and bite the bullet and get through it.

The question I've learned to ask myself is, "If I wasn't doing all the things I am doing, what would I be doing?" On the positive end of that question is that I would definitely get a lot more sleep. On the other hand, I would probably just sit around and do nothing (although, those of you who really know me understand that I am not wired to do that at all).

Bottom line is that life is busy. Some of the things I do are out of duty, some out of a sense of service and still others because I want to. Regardless of my motivation, it's my choice.

So I will get through this whirlwind of activity and I will have fun (or at least pretend to). It won’t be that bad. In fact, in about 25 days from now this will all be a memory and I’ll have the whole summer in front of me.

Come on summer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home